Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Beauty of Ice

Um, the only time I would refer to "ice" as beauty. Every year, Edmonton hosts an ice sculpting event, featuring top ice sculpters around the world. This year, the event revolves around a Chinese theme - Chinese gates, zodiacs, and chinese myths and legends. This year on Feb 3, 2011 will be Chinese New Year, and for this year, it is the Year of The Rabbit.

This is the main piece of the outdoor exhibit, the Chinese Garden. for more pictures, you can go to my flickr page, the link is posted on the sidebar --> or you can click the link on the bottom of this post.

It's amazing how incredibly talented these artists are and how much time and effort they put into designing and sculpting.
Admission is $5.00 for adults and I think $2.00 for child? So if you're planning something for a family day, or if you're visiting from out of town... - er... I don't know who would visit or vacation to Edmonton... but who knows, there are freaks.... Anyways, whether you are from here, or from anywhere, you should stop by. It's pretty "cool" I must say.
Tips: Go on a warm day. LOL.

Kevin
My Flickr Photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment