Thursday, May 20, 2010

Movie Night, Mom’s in Need, and Tattoo Updates

Wow, so much happened today - more than I expected. Waking up to the sound of my mom's friends, I stumbled to take a shower. My mom informed me that we were going to have Dim Sum with her friends (yay). We didn't eat too much, but the rash underneath my mom's right eye started to get worse. Offering to drive her to the hospital, she rejected. Next we drove to the hair salon. There was a long wait, so instead we went to the bank to get some money exchanged and taken out for our vacay (yay). Driving home and dropping off some stuff, we then ventured back to the hair salon and get an amazing haircut…. er. I don't like to get haircuts. Anyways, after all that, I went to take the bus to West Ed to watch a movie with a delightful friend.

If you guys haven't watched it yet, you should!!! It's called "Date Night." It's more of a comedy than a romance flick – so guys, you are more than welcome to watch it. Haha, I was hesitant at first to watch this too. The movie finished at 21:00 and amazingly there was still sunlight!! Calling my dad to see if he's here, I got my mom instead, asking if they were here yet. Alarmed by her response, my dad took me to the hospital. Hmm.. it appears as though she's left with my cousin. So then we went to London Drugs to get her some antibiotics. The swelling is less now, and the bulge is closer to her eye now (before it was bigger). Hope she gets better soon!!! *Fingers crossed

 

 

Today wasn't all that bad. I got a reply from my (desired) tattoo artist!!! I'm so excited!!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi Kevin,

We can get together to discuss your design ideas any time now. No problem with
the 6-7 month time frame. I'm going to be away at a tattoo convention in
Halifax for the next week and will be back on the 30th. If you want to drop by
the shop after that we can sit down and make a plan. If you have some koi
pictures in mind already then email them to me. If not spend a bit of time
surfing google images for ideas. You don't have to find the exact design you
want. Say you like the fin on one koi then save that pic, or you like the eye
on another save that pic too. When you have 6 to 10 pics you like I will use
those as reference pictures to draw you an original koi incorporating all the
elements you like from the others. As far as the size of your "canvas" - don't
worry about that either. The tattoo will grow or shrink with your body - it
doesn't disfigure. I look forward to working with you.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Yay!!!! I look forward from getting tattooed from you too Geoff, minus the pain of course.

 

 

Hong Kong Countdown: 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment